Friday, December 7, 2012

Why I Love the Black Man


My friend asked me about my future today. What my plans were. Who I would marry. How things would work with me being a jetsetter. Somehow we started talking about what type of men I like and who I see myself with in the future. I told him that I had one problem:  that I love black men. He asked me what I like about black men. And then, my heart poured these words out.


Why I love the Black Man

I love the way he holds me...authoritative, showing ownership, yet so sweet and loving

I love the way his facial features are strong, yet so gentle and graceful

I love the way his cheekbones protrude from his African face, yet so softly

I love the way he palms my buttocks while holding me...rocking side to side...intense yet so tender

I love the way his hair rests on his head, black in sight, smooth to touch

I love the way his hair fades to the back of his neck, prickly yet made to caress

I love the way his hands glide over me...hands rough from hard work but never too rough to rub my soft skin

I love the way his dark full lips engolf my dark full lips...

I love the way we feed each other with our selves...

I love the way he supports, provides, gives and is the backbone...yet isnt afraid to lean on his woman or be in need of love, affection, advice, anything...

I love the way a black man loves me...with fear, with passion, with intensity, with need, with lust, with love, with with with with his all.

I love the way my black man loves me...


It took me less than 10 minutes to write all the things I appreciate about Black men. What do you appreciate about him?

5 comments:

  1. Ok you can write a book about this and teach some of men what they need to do. When i say men i mean no race attach they all need to know cause lately we mixing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palms your butt huh? Yessssss! Very thoughtful peace. We need more odes like this. Its not easy sometimes. I was just talking about how we are probably the least desirable for marriage/approval on the whole earth(although I don't think love should have a color). Thanks Bintu. I feel appreciated again, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!!! you are traveling in all different genres of writing my dear. Keep it up boo!
    Saran. T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should I say what I love about a black man??? hmmm...I'll keep it rated G...nice writing though

    ReplyDelete